A clickstream is the recording of what computer user clicks on while web browsing. It is a kind of web analytics which measures the behavior of visitors to a website.
The researchers from Web University of Hamburg found that the nature of web navigation has changed over time.
|Time of study||1994||1995-1996||2004-2005|
|No. of users||107||23||25|
|No. of visits||31,134||84,841||137,272|
- Links following has remained the most common navigation activity, accounting for 43.5% of page transitions.
- Direct access through bookmarks, typing in urls, or home page button has remained relative steady around 10%.
- New window has jumped from less than 1% to over 10% in the past 11 years.
- Form submission has increased from 4.4% to over 15% of all navigation actions reflecting the increase in web services.
(43% of all form submission involve search submission, followed by online dictionary and travel planners)
- With the increase in new windows and use of AJAX, the back button has dropped from over 35% to less than 15%
| | 2012/11/14(水) 09:33 [EDIT]
| | 2013/02/10(日) 00:39 [EDIT]
| | 2014/08/12(火) 17:41 [EDIT]
| | 2014/08/29(金) 18:12 [EDIT]
| | 2014/08/30(土) 20:20 [EDIT]